- Airport transfer is Private transfer service. Not a shared.
- Mileage Calculation: Start/ Finish Time/ Mileage at our Colombo office. Cumulative (300km for 3 days) over consecutive calendar days of hire.
- We do not charge for the waiting time after the plane has landed, But If your flight has any serious delays please inform us as soon as possible.
- We Charge for waiting time once start the journey in case you need stopovers.
- Prices calculated by present US dollars selling rates.
- If you choose pickup location Colombo Airport driver will meet you at the arrival terminal of the airport carrying your name-board.
- We do not provide Child seat, Incase if you need please request before your arrival.
- Colombo VIP transfer team will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows.
- Govt. Taxes/ Tolls: VAT 15% to be added to final invoice.
- Charges are subject to changes due to increase of fuel price and Taxes.
- Payment can be paid by online / credit card or upon arrival to the driver.
- Colombo VIP transfer shall use all reasonable endeavors to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey.
- Driver Salary included in all transfers: But night out Batta starting Rs.1000 for 8 hrs if you choose overnight.
Making a Booking
- The client is responsible for the information provided when making a booking.
- The client must provide a full and valid address for pick-up/drop-off in resort. Any changes to this address must be provided in writing. If no address is provided or the address provided is invalid, the client will be picked-up/dropped-off a central point in resort (such as the Tourist Office or train station).
- Where the client has provided an incorrect date or time in the transfer booking, the client must notify Colombo VIP Transfers immediately in writing via email.
- Where the transfer booking has already been confirmed by Colombo VIP Transfers , changes to the date or time of the booking may result in a cancellation of the original booking, and the Colombo VIP Transfers cancellation policy (see paragraph 4 below) will apply. The client may have to make a new booking with the correct time and date, together with payment of the applicable tariff.
- The client accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- When making a telephone booking the client accepts that the booking will be governed by the terms and conditions that are present on the Colombo VIP Transfers website at the time of booking.
- Should more passengers present themselves for transfer than noted on the booking it may not be possible to carry the extra passenger(s). The extra passenger(s) will have to make their own way to their destination and Colombo VIP Transfers will accept no responsibility or liability for said extra passenger(s).
- Baby seats and booster seats are not supplied. We are Charge upon request at time of booking, subject to availability.
- The correct size baby seat must be requested if you need to book it.
- Children smaller than 135cm must use one of the appropriate sized seats stated above.
- The child seats provided comply with all relevant legislation.
- Colombo VIP Transfers will endeavour to honour special requirement requests, such as the provision of child restraint seats, but are not contractually obliged to do so.
Payment and Pricing
- Full acceptance of Colombo VIP Transfers price for the service requested is assumed at the time of booking.
- Where the client has provided an email address at the time of booking, Colombo VIP Transfers will produce written confirmation by email of the details regarding the booking.
- All prices published on the website, in print, or quoted over the phone or via email by a Colombo VIP Transfers representative or employee, are subject to Colombo VIP Transfers and it's partner's terms and conditions.
Cancellation Charges and Fees
- When a client cancels a confirmed booking, Colombo VIP Transfers will charge a 20$ administration fee to cover the administration and banking costs. Where the client has paid in advance for the transfer booking, the administration fee will be deducted from the amount to be refunded to the client.
- In the event of the client cancelling a confirmed booking with Colombo VIP Transfers, Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee corresponding to a percentage of the total booking cost.
- Private transfers bookings are fully refundable if notification of the cancellation is received in writing by Colombo VIP Transfers more than 14 days prior to the transfer date.
- From 4-13 days prior to the transfer date the cancellation fee is 30% of the total booking cost.
- Less than 4 days prior to the transfer date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the total booking cost.
- Upon request Colombo VIP Transfers will issue a statement of cancellation showing amounts paid by the client, which the client may present to their insurer.
- When a client has a confirmed booking with Colombo VIP Transfers and for any reason the client does not utilise our service, Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to recover payment of the total booking cost from the client.
- Passengers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag.
- Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a passenger having excess luggage Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance of 15$ per item, or refuse to transport the items.
- Colombo VIP Transfers will take all reasonable care in loading luggage, however we accept no responsibility for items lost or damaged in transit. Clients are advised to check the terms of their travel insurance policy.
- Luggage lost by airline – see paragraph 6 below.
Delays at the Airport
- Clients are asked to keep Colombo VIP Transfers informed of any incidence of lost luggage causing delays for the client at the airport.
- It is the responsibility of the airline and or handling agent of the airline to deliver any lost luggage to the passenger.
- In the event of a significant delay (2h) caused by lost luggage Colombo VIP Transfers may cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the 'newly' scheduled arrival time caused by the delay in waiting for lost luggage. In this case, passengers will be charged for the additional new transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer.
- Clients are free to refuse the newly scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves.
- Clients are asked to keep Colombo VIP Transfers informed about all possible delays and changes to their scheduled flight(s).
- Where the client’s flight has been cancelled, delayed, or missed and the client will not arrive in time for the transfer as originally booked with Colombo VIP Transfers , officially the transfer has been missed, and no refund will be provided.
- Colombo VIP Transfers will however make every effort to accommodate such clients where possible on the next available transfer, although the client may be required to wait for this service.
- In the case where Colombo VIP Transfers is unable to accommodate the new arrival time following a flight delay, cancelation, or missed flight the client will be required to make alternative arrangements and no refund will be provided for the original transfer booking. Clients are advised to check the terms of their travel insurance.
- Where a transfer has been booked and the flight is delayed up to 60 minutes from the flight’s scheduled arrival, the client will not be charged any waiting charges. After this time the client will be liable for a waiting charge of 30€ for each additional 30min or part thereof. This charge must be settled prior to the vehicle’s departure.
- Clients are advised the check the terms of their travel insurance.
- Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to change pick up times and will inform the lead passenger as booked by the client, or the client’s resort representative by telephone call or SMS.
- Colombo VIP Transfers schedule all departures to arrive at airports two hours before the scheduled departure time of a flight.
Carriage of children and minors
- Bookings must be made for all infants and children regardless of age.
- Regulations Passenger Authority Srilanka, children under the height of 1.35m must travel in an appropriate child restraint.
- It is the responsibility of the client to have the appropriate seat for their children. Parents are advised to provide their own child seats. Colombo VIP Transfers may provide seats free of charge when requested to do so at the time of booking (see paragraph 2.8). Such services are subject to availability.
- Parents are responsible for the correct fitting of child restraint seats in the vehicles.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to travel in the front seats of any vehicle.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to travel without a parent or guardian.
- Minors between the age of 16 and 18 assume full responsibility for their use of seat belts.
- Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the . Colombo VIP Transfers vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
Eating, drinking, smoking
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol beverages is forbidden in Colombo VIP Transfers vehicles.
- The consumption of alcohol in vehicles is prohibited by law.
- Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right (and delegates to its chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat or nuisance to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
Damage and soiling of the vehicles
- Passengers who soil the interior of a van are liable to an on the spot fine of 100€ to cover the cost of valet cleaning.
- This fine is payable immediately to the Colombo VIP Transfers driver.
- If payment cannot, or will not be made Colombo VIP Transfers will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given. Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to interrupt the transfer service following such an incident in transit.
- Colombo VIP Transfers reserves the right to take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle. Such action will include all legal costs Colombo VIP Transfers incur.
- Any damage caused to a Colombo VIP Transfers vehicle by a passenger(s) must be paid for immediately.
- In cases where this is not possible, Colombo VIP Transfers will take legal action against the client and/or passenger to recover the money.
Failure to fulfil confirmed bookings
- If Colombo VIP Transfers fail to provide a confirmed service because of an inability to contact the client, Colombo VIP Transfers will not be held responsible for any losses incurred.
- Clients are advised to provide a means of contact, preferably a mobile telephone that is switched on, global-roaming enabled, and with sufficient battery life.
- Colombo VIP Transfers will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time.
- Colombo VIP Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control, and which may cause the client to incur additional costs or loss. The following are examples, but not an exhaustive list of circumstances which are not within our control:
- vehicle breakdowns
- exceptional or severe weather conditions - snow storms, avalanches.
- accidents or deaths on the road causing delays to the vehicle.
- unforeseen traffic delays
- industrial action by third parties
- the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- other circumstances affecting passenger safety
- Force Majeure (war, civil unrest, terrorism, acts of god, etc)
- In the event of Colombo VIP Transfers being unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination by not their fault, Colombo VIP Transfers will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred. Clients are advised to check the terms of their travel insurance.
- If Colombo VIP Transfers fail for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Colombo VIP Transfers will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc.
- Any reimbursement made by Colombo VIP Transfers for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by one taxi of an appropriate size.
- Any complaints or service issues should be addressed Colombo VIP Transfers via email. Colombo VIP Transfers will endeavour to resolve all service issues and respond to all complaints within 14 days of receipt.
- Any dispute between Colombo VIP Transfers and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the Srilanka courts.
Agents and Partners
- Where Colombo VIP Transfers book transport for clients on services provided by operators other than Colombo VIP Transfers, we do so as booking agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply.
- Our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
Changes to contractual terms
- Colombo VIP Transfers may alter these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms governing the purchase of an airport transfer will be the terms in place at the time that the booking is paid for.